WELCOME ****** PHOTOS ******DAVIDSLIST****** LYRICS ****** WHERE TO SEE DAVID ****** FORUM



Snarky Archies delivers rapid-fire, snarky goofy commentary about David Archuleta 24-7. We're fans of David even if we sometimes poke a little fun at him. Got some pictures, news or commentary you think we'd enjoy? E-mail us at wearethesnarkyarchies@gmail.com, or tweet us at @snarkyarchies. And don't forget to comment and immerse yourself in the glory of the Archuleta.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Excite's David Day!

Not only did she keep us updated yesterday, but she EVEN FORMATTED HER WRITE-UP FOR ME. SHE BASICALLY IS QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE. BOW BEFORE HER. <333333 to Excite!

Click the photo to read her awesome recap!

(Notice the note from Mom on the billboard.)


Before I share the stories, pictures, and videos, I just wanted to say that I feel incredibly blessed and honored to have spent the whole day on 11/11 following David around NYC. I felt so emotional on the train ride home after the day was over. I wish it never ended. On the morning of 11/11, however, I was thinking, 'what the heck am I doing?' I woke up at 2:30 AM, because I was too excited to sleep anymore and I was on a 5:00 AM train to see David. If someone had told me last year that I would be following a teenager around for a whole day, I would have thought they were crazy. But only David has that kind of effect on people. He has certainly captured my heart and is so very dear and special to me. David is such a great inspiration who has definitely changed my life for the better and simply put, he makes me happy.
I can remember the first time I heard David when he sang Oh Holy Night and what he has accomplished so far is really quite phenomenal. He's waited for this his whole life and now it's finally happening for him. He has a gift and in my opinion it is a gift from God. His spirit was amazingly contagious and the Archuglow was out in full force! Seriously he was gorgeous and BEAMING. He looked like a superstar and I am so unbelievably proud of him! Throughout the day, and especially at the Virgin Mega Store CD signing, I felt like I was at a huge holiday party where everyone was having a great time sharing a lot of happiness and laughter. It warms my heart just thinking about it.

Waiting in line to get the wristbands at the Virgin Mega Store:

The first person on the line was actually a guy that arrived at 8 PM the previous night. I was amazed at the amount of guys that were waiting in the morning. They came in groups of 2-3 and I was instantly enthralled. I spoke with a bunch of them and they were just as excited about meeting David as anyone else. Apparently, guys in the NYC metropolitan area are not afraid to claim their love for David. I was squeeing internally.
The crowds were so huge that people walking by were amazed and kept asking why we were waiting outside in the freezing cold. and yes everyone got frost bite and my body still hurts SO BADLY from yesterday, but it was all worth it. So the responses were incredible when we told them we were waiting for David Archuleta and that his CD was coming out today. New Yorkers are probably one of the toughest group of people to impress, so I was happy when people were saying things like, 'oh yeah, I remember that kid from American Idol. He can sing!' or 'He should have won. Do you think he was robbed?' or people were just honestly interested and favorable towards David.

The Today Show:
After we bought our CD's and got our wristbands, we ran to the Today Show which was a few blocks away. We were relieved to find out that David hadn't performed yet and that there were a bunch of screens where we could watch him perform. He came outside after he finished singing and the look on his face was of pure joy. He was waving to everyone and was so incredibly happy!!!! David only signed autographs for half the crowd and of course my side was the one he didn't go to. But it was all good, because I was content just watching him interact with the crowd and I knew there would be other opportunities throughout the day to see him again.
Some little tidbits: A lady asked Jeff why David didn't have a warmer coat on and he said something like, 'This is nothing. He's used to the cold since we are from Utah.' Someone made a poster about David being Captain Crunch and he thought it was so hilarious. There was a little girl standing on our side who kept yelling, 'David!' like a banshee. It was funny how that kind of voice came out of such a little person. We met Al Roker and the lady host whose name I can't remember. It was cool to see the behind the scenes things that were happening. The crew seemed like they had a blast working with each other every day.
After David left, we went in the back of the studios to see if we could catch him before he went in his car. Instead, we found an amazing surprise waiting for us in the back. THE BAND!!!!! They were just about to get in their van, but they came out and took pictures for everyone. Someone asked them what they thought of David and they said that he was a great kid and that they really liked him. The look on their faces when they talked about David was really genuine and I could tell that they really did care about him. All of the guys were so incredibly nice, nothing pretentious about them at all. They seemed really fun and like guys you would hang out with every day. I don't believe in coincidences and feel that David is meant to have those particular guys in his band. I can't wait to get to know them better!





TRL:
We had a break until TRL, so we went to get some food and drinks to warm up. The bulk of our day was spent at the TRL studios. Sometime in the afternoon, two girls saw David Cook walking down the street and got pictures with him. No one knows if both Davids saw each other yesterday, but I'm thinking probably not since our David was so busy throughout the day at various events. So David arrived in the back entrance at around 1:00 PM and he looked so happy and shy coming out of his car. It's like he still can't believe that people are waiting outside just to get a glimpse of him.
One of my favorite parts of the day was when the huge crowd of Arch Angels kept chanting 'Da-vid, Da-vid, Da-vid' and 'Ar-chu-leta' and 'Who do we want? – David – and when do we want him? – Now!' haha you get the point. All of these chants were led by really enthusiastic guys that loved David. It was awesome! The Arch Angels were taking over Times Square. We created quite a stir!!

Again, people were stopping and asking what was going on, because it's not like this every day in NYC. Tons of people don't just gather around and stop for just anyone. The Naked Cowboy was across the street and New Yorkers didn't even so much as bat an eyelash as they walked past him. Another guy had a snake around his neck and no one gave him a second thought, but when people are there for David, it's like they can't help but be pulled in by the Archuforce.
The lady that was handling the tickets for TRL was really strict and didn't let anyone in that was on stand-by. All we could do was watch David on the big screen across the street. There was no sound, so everyone sang along with him! People were asking what the name of the song was and saying that it was catchy. haha and they haven't even heard David sing it yet. The cameras were being panned around and I was shown on TV! That was cool. I was also on TV during the Today Show.




After TRL was over, David was taping miTRL and then another MTV show whose name I can't remember right now (it might be MADE or True Life). By this time, everyone's hands and legs were cramped and frostbitten. Some girls even started crying because it was hurting them so badly. They still didn't want to leave though, because they wanted a chance to meet David. Everyone kept screaming every time the double doors opened, because we thought it was him. In the meantime, we were talking with the police officers that were there to control the crowd and protect David from the crazy fans. It was really hilarious because T-Pain was also taping for TRL and he had 3 people waiting for him outside while there was a mob of David fans.
When T-Pain came out, he rushed into his car and didn't even acknowledge his fans. The police officers were saying that David would do the same thing, but we kept telling them that David is not like the typical artist. He cares about and loves his fans and they were in for a surprise. One of the security guys told us that David was coming out soon and that we better behave ourselves or else. LOL We were so delirious from waiting out in the cold for so long that this was the end result when he finally came out:



I was so happy, because I had the chance to give David the letter that I wrote to him. When I met him in Bridgeport, I gave him a 4 1/2 page letter on stationery paper. This letter was 4 pages, so I am getting better at writing shorter letters to him lol. But it's like I have so many things I want him to know about how he has changed my life.
ok my body is still trying to recuperate from yesterday, so I will have to write about the Virgin Mega Store tomorrow. I also have 4 more videos to share, 3 of which are of David singing along to his own songs. I was seriously elated, because we know how David is when he hears himself sing. There was nothing stopping him on that day from being completely ecstatic. You could feel it in his whole being. I have never seen him so excited and happy before.

No comments: